Timing and planning are key when mailing over Christmas
Please download our “no opt in” required fact sheet on Christmas Mailing-Posting Dates 2013
We create one each year and it’s amazing how popular it is as everyone appears concerned about getting that all important item in the post.
But it’s only two days out of the whole year.
Why do we all get so wrapped up ( pardon the pun) in rushing around to get things done in our business lives only to get a couple of days off with our loved ones, so we can rush around even more!
Mail and Print will be mailing items up to lunchtime on the 24th and then again on the 27th – like many business and organisations Christmas is a busy time but really no busier than many other times of the year.
If you have the right planning and production processes in place and have access to the right people with the right attitude then many of the problems associated with Christmas can be dealt with in advance or planned for.
So our top tips for surviving the commercial side of Christmas are:
- Plan to get mail out in advance – approximately 7 working days should be enough to cover for delivery issues and should get to the recipient before they start their holidays
- Make sure you have an agreed closedown period if that’s what you plan to do
- If you don’t know or are in doubt contact your key clients and suppliers to find out what their opening and operational times are over the whole Christmas and New Year period
- Before the end of September make sure all staff have booked and approved their holidays
- Download the Mail and Print guide to last posting dates – always a good read!
- Add in 1 day extra lead time on most projects to allow for decision makers being away at Christmas parties etc.
- Whatever happens just remember it’s just 2 days out of 365
Unfortunately we are not qualified in giving advice on how to survive Christmas at home –but everyone at Mail and Print wishes you all the very best.
Request a Call Back
Simply add your name and phone number and we'll call you back with free, friendly advice within two working hours...