Direct Mail continues to give good returns
There are many who consider Direct Mail to be a marketing communications media of the past. But all the signs are that Direct Mail is becoming more important especially when used as part of an integrated campaign designed to drive traffic to a website or respond to a specific offer.
The truth is that many appreciate Direct Mail. In the latest survey from the DMA:
• 66% of consumers keep their mail
• 79% of consumers react to Direct Mail immediately
• 33% take a negative view not offering printed communications
• 56% think that printed materials are the most trustworthy of all the communications channels
For companies who use Direct Mail the results are impressive the Royal Mail found that:
• 80% agree that regular mailings help build customer relationships
• 61% say using mail is a cost effective way to grow
• 91% use mail to develop existing customer relationships on average 10.1 times a year
• 65% use mail to get new customers on average 10 times a year
• 64% use mail to win back lapsed customers on average 6.9 times a year
Mail and Print have a FREE Fact sheet that covers aspects of Direct mail
The most important thing to recognise is that relying on just one channel is no longer an option and ideally every bit of marketing communications activity needs to work together. So a printed mailer should be sent within a few days of an email campaign, both of which should link to a FREE information sheet and a limited promotional offer.
Even better results are possible if you use your data cleverly to identify different types of prospects or existing clients and then use that information to drive variable images on both the email and mail piece.
For more information follow the links above or if you have a specific concern call Mail and Print direct on 0800 1300 960
Request a Call Back
Simply add your name and phone number and we'll call you back with free, friendly advice within two working hours...