FSC® all the benefits without the hassle in 5 easy steps
Environment | February 17, 2016
FSC® the Forest Stewardship Council® from sapling to end-user
Forests are inspected and certified against strict standards based on FSC’s 10 Principles of Forest Stewardship.
These inspections are undertaken by independent organisations, such as the Soil Association.
These are accredited by the FSC. In order to be given FSC certification a forest must be managed in an environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable manner.
This is what makes the FSC system unique and ensures that a forest is well-managed from the protection of indigenous people’s rights to the methods of felling trees.
Forests that meet these strict standards are given FSC certification and the timber allowed to carry the FSC label.
That’s great; hopefully I still have your attention so here we go: FSC without the hassle in 5 easy steps:
- FSC Claims are rather a time consuming process. So where possible use good practice, use FSC certified paper but don’t use the FSC logo or branding, this saves time and paperwork but you are still doing your bit for the Planet without the hassle of making an FSC claim
- If possible don’t use the mini FSC logo, not always possible but the larger logos generally are approved a lot quicker
- Plan ahead as soon as your artwork is ready send off for FSC approval, don’t hold back until you’re sending proofs to the client
- Process your paper work as each order is completed , nothing worse than leaving it until a few days before your annual audit frantically looking for delivery notes, invoices, checking your suppliers certificates and copy approvals. Clients will not generally be audited
- It’s your yearly audit , make sure the coffee pots on and you have a all your documents prepared, Mission completed
Just a quick footnote don’t get carried away, it’s important to use FSC correctly as we all need the brand to be recognised for it benefits to us all and the environment.
Request a Call Back
Simply add your name and phone number and we'll call you back with free, friendly advice within two working hours...