Royal Mail – Update on Industrial / Strike Action – CWU
Thursday, 31st October 2013
Categories: Direct Mail Services
Full Royal Mail Statement October 3oth – 2013
Joint Statement from Royal Mail and Communication Workers Union
Royal Mail and the Communication Workers Union (CWU) have made progress in current talks and commit to finalising an agreement in the next two weeks. It will include:
1. Legal protections for employees that extend beyond the current three year offer
2. An improved pay and reward offer
3. A separate pensions agreement
4. An agenda for growth underpinned by a culture of consensual change, timely decision making and industrial stability supported by alternative dispute resolution processes
5. An agreed approach to aligning resourcing to workload with a resolution to any current workload and resourcing issues
6. An overview of the future parcels and letters strategy
7. A joint company/CWU charter shaping the on-going values and principles of the Royal Mail Group
8. An on-going operational programme of work
9. The individual elements outlined above will only be deemed agreed when everything is agreed
On this basis, the CWU agrees to stand down the 24-hour strike planned for Monday 4 November 2013.
Royal Mail agrees to extend the legal validity of the current industrial action ballot until Wednesday 20 November 2013.
Both parties will now clear diaries to ensure all our efforts are focused on reaching an agreement by the Wednesday 13 November 2013.
Request a Call Back
Simply add your name and phone number and we'll call you back with free, friendly advice within two working hours...